I have tried amrood ki sabji. This is a Rajasthani dish which is made of ripe guavas. You can eat this with puri or paratha. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Ripe guava (pake huye amrood): 4 (medium size)
Clarified butter (ghee): 1 tablespoon
Asafoetida (heeng): 1/2 teaspoon
Dry red chillies: 4
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel seeds (saunf): 1/4 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana): 1/4 teaspoon
Onion seeds (kalonji): 1/4 teaspoon
Jaggery (gud): 50 grams
Red chilli powder (laal mirch powder): 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder (haldi): 1/4 teaspoon
Black salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Water: 1/2 cup
- First, wash and chop guavas in medium sized pieces.
- Put a karahi on medium flame and heat ghee. Add cumin seeds, dry red chillies, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, onion seeds, turmeric powder, and asafoetida. Let them splutter.
- Now add chopped guavas, red chilli powder, and black salt. Saute and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add jaggery powder, black salt, salt, and water. Mix and cover with a lid. Put the flame on simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir again. Sabji should not be too watery. Turn off the flame and serve hot with puri or paratha.
- Amrood ki sabji is ready!
Photo cradits: https://www.verywellfit.com/carb-counts-for-guava-2241794
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT!
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)