Soya chunks are excellent source of protein. I’ve tried soya chunks curry in non-veg style. You can eat this with rice or roti. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Soya chunks: 150 grams
Curd: 3 tablespoons
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Onion: 2 large (roughly chopped)
Garlic cloves: 6-7
Ginger: 2 inches
Curry leaves: 7-8
Fennel seeds: 1 teaspoon
Green chillies: 2
Oil: 5 teaspoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds powder: 2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
Chicken masala powder: 3 teaspoons
Salt: according to your taste
Water: for cooking
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 teaspoon
- First, pour 2 cups water in a karahi and put on medium flame. Add soya chunks in water and boil till they turn soft. After that turn off the flame, remove soya chunks from water, and let them cool. With the help of your palms, press them and remove extra water and keep aside.
- In a jar take onion, green chillies, garlic cloves, ginger, curry leaves, and fennel seeds. With the help of 2 teaspoons of water make a smooth paste.
- Now in a bowl take curd, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon chicken masala powder and mix it. Marinate soys chunks with it and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes put a karahi on medium flame and heat oil. Add marinated soya chunks and fry them till they turn golden brown. Transfer them to a plate and keep aside.
- Turn the flame on simmer. In remaining oil, add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let them splutter. Now add ginger-garlic paste, remaining turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and chicken masala powder. Saute them and add prepared paste. Mix well, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add fried soya chunks in it and mix again. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup water after 10 minutes and salt according to your taste. Mix again and cover. Cook for 6-7 minutes on medium flame.
- After that open the lid and stir. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Soya chunks curry is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT!
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)