Lauki halwa is an Indian dessert which you can eat during fasting. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
Lauki (bottle gourd): 250 grams
Ghee (clarified butter): 2 tablespoons
Milk: 100 ml
Sugar: 3 tablespoons
Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Chopped almonds: 1/2 teaspoon
- First, wash and peel bottle gourd. Grate it and keep aside. Now put a pan on medium flame and heat clarified butter.
- Add grated bottle gourd and stir well till it turns golden brown. Now add milk and again stir it. Continue to cook on a low to medium-low flame till the milk comes to a boil. In between do stir at times.
- When milk get half absorbed, add sugar and mix well. Add chopped almonds and cardamom powder and again mix.
- Stirring often cook till the halwa mixture starts coming together and thickens. There should not be any liquid in the lauki halwa. Add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
- Lauki halwa is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT!
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)