Veg tahari is North Indian dish which is made of rice and lots of veggies. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Rice: 200 grams
Potato: 1 large (roughly chopped)
Onion: 1 large (roughly chopped)
Fresh green peas: 50 grams
Tomato: 1 large (chopped)
Clarified butter: 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Black mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Green chillies: 2 (chopped)
Curry leaves: 6-7
Crushed Ginger: 1/2 teaspoon
Water: for cooking
Lemon juice: 2 teaspoon (optional)
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Take rice in a bowl, wash them with water, drain and keep aside.
- Put a pressure cooker on medium flame and heat clarified butter. Add cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, curry leaves, crushed ginger, green chillies, and asafoetida. Saute and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped onion and saute them till they turn golden. Add green peas and chopped potatoes and saute them till they turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander seeds powder, salt, and 1/2 cup of water. Mix them well, turn the flame on simmer and let the masala cooked properly.
- Add washed rice and gently mix. Add 2 cups of water, you can add more water if required. Mix them all and cover the lid. Put the flame of medium, and cook till 3 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and let the steam released itself. Open the lid, add lemon juice and, chopped coriander leaves. Gently mix and serve with curd or green chillies. If you want, you can garnish with coriander leaves.
- Veg tahari is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)