Raw banana fry is known as vazhakkai fry or balekai fry or aratikaya fry. This is a main course dish which is made of marinated raw bananas. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
CUISINE: SOUTH INDIAN
Raw banana: 4 (medium)
Mustard oil: 3 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel seeds:1/4 teaspoon
Dried red chillies: 2
Urad daal: 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 2 pinches
Curry leaves: 6-7
Ginger-garlic paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Dried mango powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to your taste
Water: 2 teaspoons
Chopped coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Take raw bananas, wash and peel them. Cut them into thick slices and take in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, and 1 tablespoon of mustard oil in the bowl. Mix them with raw bananas, cover, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, put a karahi on medium flame and heat remaining oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad daal, fennel seeds, asafoetida, dried red chilies, curry leaves, saute and let them splutter.
- Now add marinated raw bananas and gently saute it. Add dried mango powder, water and mix it again.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes and occasionally stir it. When it cooks completely, open the lid, and cook.
- Turn off the flame, and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it with roti or paratha.
- Vazhakkai fry is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)