Raw banana curry is an Indian main course dish which is made of raw banana slices and spices. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Raw bananas (kachhe kele): 3
Mustard oil (sarso tel): 4 tablespoons
Brown mustard seeds (rai): 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida (heeng): 1 pinch
Red chili powder (lal mirch powder): 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder (haldi powder): 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds powder (dhaniya powder): 1.5 tablespoons
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Green chilies (hari mirch): 2 (small)
Garlic cloves (lahsun ki kali): 4
Ginger (adrak): 1 inch
Gram flour (besan): 2 teaspoons
Ginger garlic paste (adrak lahsun paste): 1 teaspoon
Onion (pyaz): 1 large (roughly chopped)
Salt (namak): according to your taste
Coriander leaves (dhaniya patti): for garnishing
Water (paani): for cooking
- First, peel banana skin and wash. Now chop them into thick slices and keep aside.
- In a blender, take green chilies, garlic cloves, ginger, and 1 teaspoon water. Make a smooth paste.
- Now take banana slices and marinate them with prepared paste, gram flour, 1 tablespoon mustard oil, 1/4 tablespoon red chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, put a karahi on medium flame and heat remaining mustard oil.
- While using mustard oil, you should remember that heat it until the smoke starts coming out of the oil, otherwise it will taste raw. When smoke coming out, add marinated banana slices one by one and fry from both the sides till they turn golden brown.
- Transfer them on a kitchen paper and keep aside.
- Now in remaining oil add brown mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste. Saute them till onion turns golden brown.
- In a bowl take 3/4 tablespoon red chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder, and 1.5 tablespoons water. Make a thick paste and add to karahi.
- Cook on simmer flame till oil has started coming out. Now add fried banana slices and slightly mix them. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove cover, add 1/2 cup of water, add salt according to your taste. Remember curry should neither too watery nor too thick. You can add water according to you.
- Slightly mix, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on simmer flame again. Occasionally stir. After 7-8 minutes open the cover and stir again.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with roti or paratha.
- Raw banana curry is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂