Sevai kheer is a famous Indian dessert, this is also known as sevaiyan kheer or vermicelli kheer. This is made of vermicelli, milk, and sugar. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
Vermicelli strands (sevai): 1 cup (broken)
Clarified butter (ghee): 1 tablespoon
Milk: 1 liter
Sugar: according to your taste
Almonds: 5-6 (sliced)
Cashews: 5-6 (chopped)
Cardamom powder: 1/2 teaspoon
You can add more dried fruits like: raisins, non-salted pistachios etc.
- Put a karahi on medium flame and heat clarified butter.
- Add broken vermicelli and continuously roast it till strands turn golden brown.
- Now put the flame on simmer and add milk slowly in karahi.
- Stir continuously so milk and vermicelli does not stick to the bottom of the karahi.
- Let the milk boil and after this add sugar according to your taste.
- Mix well till sugar dissolves. Now add cardamom powder and stir till milk thicken and vermicelli gets cooked.
- Turn off the flame, add sliced almonds, and chopped cashews.
- Serve it warm or chilled. You can garnish it with dried rose petals.
- Sevai kheer is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)