Rajgira puri is a fasting dish which is healthy and tasty. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES
Nutrition value in rajgira flour according to the ingredients
FAT: 3.4 g
CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg
CARBOHYDRATES: 32.5 g
PROTEIN: 7 g
Rajgira flour (Amaranth flour): 50 grams
Potato: 1 small (boiled)
Rock salt (sendha namak): according to your taste
Water: For kneading the dough
Clarified butter (ghee): 1/2 teaspoon
Oil: For frying poori
- First, in a large bowl take boiled potato, peel, and mash it. Add rajgira flour, clarified butter, and salt in it and mix well.
- Now with the help of water knead a smooth dough. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a small ball sized part from the dough.
- Sprinkle some rajgira flour on the floor and with the help of a rolling pin roll it in medium sized poori.
- Poori should neither too thick nor too thin. Repeat this process and prepare all the pooris.
- Now put a karahi on medium flame, pour it with oil and heat.
- Deep fry all the prepared pooris till they turn golden brown. Transfer them to a kitchen paper to remove extra oil.
- Serve them hot with dry jeera aloo or curd.
- Rajgira poori is ready!
Jeera aloo (dry): https://yellowbowlrecipes.com/2019/03/06/jeera-aalu-dry/
Add rock salt while you are making it for fasting.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)