Drumstick curry is a North Indian main course dish which is made of onion gravy and spices. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 2 pinches
Drumsticks: 8-9 (medium)
Onion: 2 large
Ginger: 2 inches
Garlic: 8-9 cloves
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
Water: 250 ml
Salt: according to your taste
Fresh coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (for garnishing)
- Rinse drumsticks with water, peel and chop them into 3-4 inches pieces long.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add drumsticks pieces and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt on the. Now saute them till drumsticks turn golden brown. After this transfer them to a plate and keep aside.
- Now in leftover oil add 1 roughly chopped onion, garlic cloves, ginger, and cinnamon stick. Saute them for 5 minutes and transfer them to a blender.
- Blend them to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and let them splutter. Add 1 finely chopped onion and saute them till they turn translucent.
- Now add that smooth paste and saute for 5 minutes on simmer flame. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on simmer flame. Now open the cover, add water, and salt. Stir and let the water boil on medium flame.
- Now add fried drumsticks and mix again. Cover and cook on simmer flame and stir occasionally. Cook till gravy turns thick.
- Open the cover and stir again. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with roti or rice.
- Drumstick curry is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂