Besan halwa is an Indian dessert which is made of gram flour and semolina. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
Gram flour (besan): 200 grams
Semolina (rava): 1 tablespoon
Clarified butter (ghee): 300 grams
Lukewarm milk: 750 ml
Sugar: according to your taste
Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Almonds: 4-5 (sliced)
Cashews: 4-5 (chopped)
- Put a karahi on medium flame and heat clarified butter.
- Add gram flour, semolina, and saute till they turn golden brown and leaves a nutty aroma.
- Now add lukewarm milk and stir continuously to make it lumps free.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix again and stir continuously till mixture turns thick and ghee has started coming out from the sides.
- After some time you’ll see that halwa will start leaving the edges of the karahi.
- Turn off the flame and garnish the halwa with sliced almonds, chopped cashews, raisins, and serve warm.
- Besan halwa is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂