Aloo tadka is a main course dish which is made of boiled potatoes and dry spices. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
Boiled potatoes: 5 (medium)
Oil: 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
Onion seeds (kalonji): 1/4 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi): 1/4 teaspoon
Fennel seeds (saunf): 1/4 teaspoon
Onion: 1 large (sliced)
Dry red chilies: 4
Turmeric powder: 3/4 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Dry mango powder (amchoor): 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Take boiled potatoes in a large bowl and peel them. Chop them into medium sized pieces and keep aside.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil. Add cumin seeds, onion seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, dry red chili, and let them splutter.
- Add sliced onion and saute till they turn translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and mix. Now add chopped potatoes and gently stir. Add salt, dry mango powder, and again stir gently. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.
- Aloo tadka is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂