Kairi ki launji is mainly a Rajasthani cuisine which is made of raw mangoes, dry spices, and jaggery. This dish is really tasty and you can eat it with paratha, puri, or roti. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 40 MINUTES
CUISINE: RAJASTHANI (INDIAN)
COURSE: PICKLE OR CHUTNEY
Nutrition value in raw mangoes according to the ingredients
CARBOHYDRATES: 150 g
CALORIES: 600 Kcal
FAT: 4 g
PROTEIN: 8 g
Raw mangoes: 1 Kg
Jaggery (gur): 450 grams (grated)
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Fennel seeds: 1 teaspoon
Onion seeds (kalonji): 1/2 teaspoon
Dry red chilies: 4-5
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Black salt: according to the taste
Water: 1.5 cups
- Take raw mangoes in a large bowl. Peel and chop them in medium sized pieces. Rinse them with water and keep aside.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds, dry red chilies, and let them splutter. Add chopped raw mangoes, red chili powder, and black salt. Mix them well and cover. Cook for 5 minutes on simmer flame.
- Open the cover and stir. Add 1.5 cups of water and grated jaggery. Mix them well and cover. Cook it on simmer flame and stir occasionally.
- Cook it till jaggery dissolves and turns to a thick texture. Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
- After cooling transfer this to a jar and store in fridge.
- Kairi ki chutney (launji) is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)