Uttapam is a South Indian breakfast which is made of idli or dosa batter and veggies. This dish is really healthy and tasty. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
CUISINE: SOUTH INDIAN
Idli or dosa batter: 300 grams
Onion: 2 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato: 2 medium (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 4 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves: 6-7 (chopped)
Fresh coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
Salt: according to the taste
Water: as required
Oil: for cooking
You can add more veggies like: finely chopped bell peppers and grated carrot.
Dosa batter: https://yellowbowlrecipes.com/?s=dosa
Sambar and coconut chutney: https://yellowbowlrecipes.com/2018/10/23/idli-sambar/
- In a large bowl, take idli or dosa batter and salt. Add water as required, mix well, and keep aside for 5 minutes. Remember, uttapam batter neither too watery nor too thick.
- Now in another bowl, take onion, tomato, curry leaves, fresh coriander leaves, and green chilies. Add salt according to your taste and mix.
- Put a dosa tava on medium flame and brush is with oil.
- Pour prepared batter on it and spread in a circular motion. Spread prepared veggie mixture on the surface of the dosa.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil on the surface. Let it cook till one side turns golden brown.
- With the help of a spatula, flip dosa to other side and let it cook completely.
- At last, turn off the flame and serve uttapam immediately with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Uttapam is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂