Poha is one of the most famous Indian breakfasts. Basically, it is a Maharashtrian cuisine which is made of flatten rice. I am going to tell you the recipe of diet friendly poha. Let’s proceed.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
CUISINE: MAHARASHTRIAN (INDIAN)
White flatten rice (poha): 250 grams (thick)
Olive oil: 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 4-5 (chopped)
Fresh green peas: 1/2 cup
Curry leaves: 6-7
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Lemon juice: 2 teaspoons
Fresh coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
You can add fried peanuts but they have so much calories, which is not diet friendly at all.
- First, take white flatten rice in a large sized strainer and rinse them carefully with water. Keep aside to drain extra water.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add green chilies, curry leaves, and onion. Saute them till onions turn translucent. Add fresh green peas and saute them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, and mix them.
- Now add rinsed flatten rice and mix them again carefully. Cook for 5 minutes on simmer flame.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and gently stir. Turn off the flame, garnish with chopped coriander leaves, and serve hot.
- You can also sprinkle farsan or barik besan sev, but they are not diet friendly.
- Poha is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂