Oats idli is a perfect diet breakfast, which is very tasty and full of nutrition as well. This dish is really easy to prepare and very digestive. Let’s proceed to this recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVING: 20 IDLIS
Rolled oats: 1 cup
Urad daal (split black gram): 1 tablespoon
Sor curd: 2 tablespoons
Water: 1 cup
Eno (fruit salt): 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 2 (chopped)
Curry leaves: 5-6 (chopped)
Fresh coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
Salt: according to your taste
Oil: for brushing idli mold
- First, take rolled oats and urad daal in grinder. Grind it to a fine powder and transfer to a bowl.
- Now add sour curd, water, red chili powder, garam masala powder, onion, tomato, green chilies, curry leaves, fresh coriander leaves, and salt according to the ingredients in oats and urad daal powder.
- Mix them well and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, mix them again and add water if required. Remember, idli better should neither too dry nor too watery. Add eno according to the ingredients and mix.
- Take idli mold and brush it with oil. Fill idli batter in the mold and steam in a steamer for 15 minutes on medium flame. After 15 minutes check idlis with the help of a toothpick. Insert a toothpick in idli, if toothpick comes out clean then your idli is ready and if not then steam it for few more minutes.
- Turn off the flame and take out mold from the steamer. Let it cool completely. After cooling remove idlis from the mold and serve with mint-coriander chutney. https://yellowbowlrecipes.com/2018/12/31/3-types-of-sauces/
- Oats idli is ready!
If you’ll remove idli immediately after taking the mold out, idli will break. So let the mold cool atleast for 5-6 minutes.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂