Sattu paratha is Bihar’s famous dish which is made of sattu stuffing and wheat flour. Sattu flour is made of roasted gram. Let’s proceed to this recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES
SERVING: 6 PARATHAS
CUISINE: BIHAR (INDIAN)
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Sattu flour: 2 cups
Garlic cloves: 6-7 (finely chopped)
Ginger: 1 inch (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Mustard oil: 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Carom seeds (ajwain): 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili pickle: 1 tablespoon (mashed)
Salt: according to your taste
Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
Wheat flour: 4 cups
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Water: for kneading dough
Clarified butter (ghee): for shallow fry
- In a large bowl, take wheat flour and oil. Mix them, knead a smooth dough with water, cover, and keep aside.
- In another bowl, take sattu flour, finely chopped garlic cloves, ginger, green chilies, onion, mustard oil, lemon juice, mashed red chili pickle, salt, and coriander leaves according to the ingredients. Now with the help of your palms, rub carom seeds and add in stuffing. Mix all the ingredients and add 2 tablespoons water. Stuffing is ready.
- Now put a non stick tava on medium flame and heat.
- Take a small ball from dough and roll it. Now sprinkle some flour on floor and with the help of a rolling pin make a small roti. Place 2 tablespoons stuffing in the center, get all the edges, and make a bundle. Close the top and seal it. With the help of your palms press and flatten.
- Again sprinkle wheat flour and with the help of a rolling pin, roll it.
Put that stuffed paratha on hot tava and cook on simmer flame.
- Flip it to another side after 1 minute. Brush ghee on both the sides. With the help of spatula press the paratha and cook till it turns golden and crispy from both the sides.
- Serve hot with curd.
- Sattu paratha is ready!
Rubbing carom seeds with the palm increases its flavor.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂