Bread poha is a tasty breakfast. I have tried brown bread poha which is diet friendly, you can take it as snack. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
COURSE: BREAKFAST AND SNACK
Nutrition in brown bread (4 slices)
Carbohydrates: 56 g
Fat: 3.2 g
Protein: 10.8 g
Brown bread: 4 slices (medium)
Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Green chili: 1 (chopped)
Curry leaves: 4-5
Onion: 1 small (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 small ( finely chopped)
Fresh green peas: 2 tablespoons
Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Maggi masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to your taste
lemon juice: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- In a bowl, take bread slices, chop them in medium sized pieces, and keep aside.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil. Add cumin seeds and them splutter. Now add chopped green chilies, curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and green peas. Saute them till onion turns translucent. Add chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, maggi masala powder, salt, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix and cook till oil has started coming out from sides. Now add chopped bread and mix gently. Add lemon juice, mix again, and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. serve hot.
- Brown bread poha is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂