Kacchi dabeli is a famous Indian street food and snack which is a Gujrati cuisine. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 40 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVING: 12 DABELIS
CUISINE: GUJRATI (INDIAN)
COURSE: STREET FOOD, SNACKS
Potatoes : 5 medium (boiled)
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Dry red chilies: 4 (soaked for 2 hours)
Garlic cloves: 8
Onion: 1 large (finely chopped)
Tamarind pulp: 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice: 2 teaspoons
Dabeli masala: 1 tablespoon
Salt: according to your taste
Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Fresh pomegranate pearls: 2 tablespoons
Masala peanuts: 2 tablespoons (easily available in market)
Dabeli pav: 12
Mint coriander chutney: 1/2 bowl
Tomato sauce: 1/2 bowl
Besan chaat sev: 1/2 bowl
Butter: for shallow fry
Mint coriander chutney: https://yellowbowlrecipes.com/2018/12/31/3-types-of-sauces/
For Dabeli Masala
Dry red chilies: 2
Coriander seeds: 2 tablespoons
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- In a blender, take soaked dry red chilies and garlic cloves. Blend them in a smooth paste. Now in a large bowl, take boiled potatoes, peel, and mash them.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat. Add dry red chilies, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves, and cumin seeds according to the dabeli masala ingredients. Dry roast them and transfer to a grinder. Grind to a fine powder and keep aside. Dabeli masala is ready!
- Again put a pan on medium flame and heat oil. Add finely chopped onion and saute till they turn translucent.
- Now add red chili-garlic paste, dabeli masala and mix them. Add mashed boiled potatoes and mix them well. Add salt, tamarind pulp, lemon juice, and mix them again.
- Turn off the flame and transfer prepared stuffing to a plate and let it cool.
- Sprinkle fresh pomegranate seeds, masala peanuts, and chopped coriander leaves on stuffing.
- For preparing dabeli, take a dabeli pav, slice it in two parts. On one slice apply mint-coriander chutney and on other slice apply tomato sauce. Now place 1 tablespoon potato stuffing in between both the slices and press slightly.
- Put a non stick tava on medium flame and heat butter. Place prepared pav stuffing on hot tava and cook it from all the sides. Now transfer this to a plate and coat with besan chaat sev. Serve hot.
- Kacchi dalebi is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂