Singhara thalipeeth is a fasting recipe which is made of singhara (Water chestnut) flour, sabudana (sago), and potato. Let’s proceed to this recipe.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Singhara flour: 50 grams
Potato: 2 medium (boiled)
Sabudana: 50 grams (overnight soaked)
Ghee: for shallow fry
Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves: 6-7 (chopped)
Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
Roasted peanuts: 1.5 teaspoon (coarsely blend)
Rock salt: according to your taste
Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted cumin seeds powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- In a large bowl take boiled potato, peel, and mash them. Add overnight soaked sabudana, singhara flour, finely chopped green chilies, chopped curry leaves, coarsely blend roasted peanuts, rock salt, lemon juice, black pepper powder, roasted cumin seeds powder, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix them well, combine, and mash them properly. Make a dough and keep aside.
- Put a non stick tava on medium flame and heat ghee.
- Make a medium sized ball from dough and with the help of your palms flatten them. Put that on hot tava and tap gently with your palms.
- Cook this on medium flame and flip to another side. Shallow fry both the sides with the help of ghee till it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Repeat this process and make all the thalipeeths. Serve hot with curd.
- Thalipeeth is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)