Sandwich is a famous Indian breakfast and tea time snack. There are many types of sandwiches but I have tried aloo (potato) masala sandwich. Let’s proceed to this recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
COURSE: BREAKFAST AND SNACK
Bread slices (brown or white): 16 to 20
Potatoes: 5 medium (boiled)
Oil or butter: 2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Ginger-garlic paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
Onion: 1 large (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 large (finely chopped)
Tomato sauce: 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
Salt: according to your taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
Oil or butter: for shallow fry
- Take boiled potatoes in a bowl and peel. Mash them with a potato smasher and keep aside.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat 2 teaspoon oil or butter. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chilies, and saute for 30 seconds. Now add finely chopped onion and saute them till they turn translucent.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and 1 tablespoon of water. Now cook them till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix. Now add cumin seeds powder, lemon juice, salt, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix them well and turn off the flame. Transfer this stuffing to a plate and let that cool completely.
- Now put a not stick tava on medium flame and heat oil or butter. Take a bread slice and spread butter on one side. Put stuffing on the buttery side of bread and spread well. Take another bread slice and spread butter on one side. Put that bread slice on potato stuffing and press both the slices slightly.
- Put that on hot tava and cook with the help of a spatula from both the side till it turns golden brown and crispy. Repeat this process and make all the sandwiches. Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
- Aloo masala sandwich is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)