Gobhi paratha is one of the famous Indian breakfasts, which is made of cauliflower and onion. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVING: 16 PARATHAS
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
Wheat flour: 4 cups
Clarified butter (ghee): 1 tablespoon
Water: for kneading
Cauliflower head (phool gobhi): 400 grams
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted cumin seeds powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
Salt: according to your taste
Clarified butter(ghee): for roasting paratha
- In a large bowl take wheat flour. Add ghee in it and mix. Now with the help of water knead a smooth dough. Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Rinse cauliflower head and finely grate this in a large bowl.
- Add onion, green chilies, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder, red chili powder, roasted cumin seeds powder, chopped coriander leaves, and salt according to the ingredients.
- Mix them well and keep aside.
- Now put non stick tava on simmer flame and heat.
- Sprinkle wheat flour on floor and take a small ball from the dough and with the help of a rolling pin make a roti. Put 2 teaspoons stuffing in the center, get all the edges, and make a bundle. Close the top and seal it. With the help of your palms press and flatten.
- Again sprinkle wheat flour and with the help of a rolling pin, roll it.
- Put that stuffed paratha on hot tava and cook on simmer flame. Flip it to another side after 1 minute. Brush ghee on both the sides. With the help of spatula press the paratha and cook till it turns golden and crispy from both the sides.
- Transfer paratha to a plate, repeat this process, and make all the parathas. Serve it hot with curd or chutney.
- Gobhi paratha is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)