Kadai gravy mushroom is a main course dish which is made of button mushrooms and spices. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 MINUTES
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
Button mushroom: 300 grams
Cooking oil: 3 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Garlic cloves: 10
Ginger: 1 inch
Green chilies: 4
Onion: 2 large
Tomatoes: 2 large (finely chopped)
Capsicum: 2 large (dicey chopped)
Bay leaf (tej patta): 2
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Black cardamom: 2
Green cardamom: 2
Black pepper: 4
Coriander seeds: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds powder: 1 teaspoon
Water: for cooking
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- First, take button mushrooms in a large bowl and wash carefully. Remove extra stick from mushroom and wash again. Peel upper thin layer and chop in two parts.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add one roughly chopped onion, garlic cloves, ginger, green chilies, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, green cardamom, black pepper, and coriander seeds.
- Saute for 6-7 minutes and turn off the flame. Transfer this to a mixer jar and let them cool. After cooling, blend this to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Again turn on the flame and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chopped mushroom and saute for 2 minutes on medium flame. Transfer this to a plate and keep aside.
- In leftover oil add one more tablespoon oil and heat. Add bay leaf, cumin seeds, asafoetida, and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute till they turn translucent. Add dicey chopped capsicum and saute for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add that paste and saute for 5 minutes. Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix and cook till oil has started coming out.
- Add chopped fried mushrooms and mix. Add 1/2 cup of water, salt, and mix. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on simmer flame and stir occasionally. Remove the cover, stir again, and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with jeera rice.
- kadai gravy mushroom is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)