Upma is mainly South Indian breakfast which is made of semolina but I have tried rajgira atta upma, which you can eat during fasts. This is healthy and filling as well. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES
(Nutrition value according to the ingredients)
FAT: 3.4 g
CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg
CARBS: 32.5 g
PROTEIN: 7 g
Rajgira (amaranth grain) flour: 50 grams
Clarified butter (ghee): 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Coarsely blend peanuts: 2 teaspoons
Tomato: 1 small (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 2 (chopped)
Curry leaves: 5-6
Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice: 1/2 teaspoon
Rock salt: according to the taste
Water: for cooking
Chopped coriander leaves: for garnishing
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat.
- Add rajgira flour to the pan and dry roast till 2-3 minutes. Transfer this to a plate.
- Add ghee to the pan and heat.
- Now add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Now add chopped green chilies, curry leaves, and saute them.
- Add chopped tomato and fry till it turns mushy.
- Add rajgira flour and saute for 5 minutes. Now add sufficient water to cook and continuously stir to make it lumps free. Upma should neither too watery nor too thick.
- Add coarsely blend peanuts, rock salt, black pepper powder, and mix. Now add lemon juice, mix, and turn off the flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with curd.
- Rajgira atta upma is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)