Idli is most famous breakfast in India. It’s a South Indian cuisine, which is made of rice and split urad dal (split and dehusked black gram lentils). But I have tried rava (semolina) idli, which is made of semolina and sour curd. This can be a dish for kids as well because it’s very healthy and tasty. Rava idli don’t requires grinding so it’s really easy to prepare. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
SERVING: 25 IDLIS
CUISINE: SOUTH INDIAN
Rava (semolina): 500 grams
Sour curd: 250 grams
Salt: according to your taste
Eno (fruit salt): 1 teaspoon
Water: if required
Cooking oil: for greasing
- In a large bowl, take semolina, curd and salt. Mix them well and make a paste.
- Add water if required. Batter neither be too thick nor too watery.
- Keep aside for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes check batter, if it becomes thick add some more water.
- Now add fruit salt in batter and mix.
- Now heat water in a steamer.
- Take idli mould and grease it with cooking oil.
- Pour idli batter in mould and place in steamer.
- Now cover and cook on medium flame.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, insert a toothpick in idli and check. If toothpick comes out clean then idli is cooked well.
- Turn off the flame, remove the mould from the steamer and let the mould cool completely.
- After cools down, remove the idlis from mould and serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney. Sambhar and coconut chutney recipe: https://yellowbowlrecipes.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/idli-sambar/
- Rava idli is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂