Chura matar is a famous banarasi breakfast and evening snack which is also known as chiwda matar and chooda matar. This dish is made of flattened rice and fresh green peas. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 MINUTES
CUISINE: UTTAR PRADESH (INDIAN)
COURSE: BREAKFAST, SNACKS
(Nutrition in flattened rice according to the ingredients)
Flattened rice (chiwda/poha): 250 grams
Green chilies: 4-5 (chopped)
Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Clarified butter (ghee): 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1 teaspoon
Fresh green peas: 150 grams
Ginger: 1 inch (finely chopped)
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: for garnishing
- In a strainer, take chiwda, rinse it with fresh water twice, and move chiwda with your hands while rinsing. Do not over rinse or move otherwise it can be mash.
- After rinsing, keep chiwda aside for 10 minutes because for cooking it need to be soft.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat ghee.
- Add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, and chopped ginger. Saute and let them splutter on simmer flame.
- Add fresh green peas and cover the pan immediately otherwise peas can be bouncing out because of heat and this can burn your skin. Keep the flame on simmer.
- After 3-4 minutes remove the cover and saute peas. Add flattened rice and mix slightly.
- Now sprinkle black pepper powder and salt. Mix again and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
- Banarasi chura matar is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)