Shahi tukda is a famous Hyderabadi dessert which is also known as ‘Double ka meetha’. This is made of Rabri and bread. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 2.5 HOURS
CUISINE: HYDERBADI (INDIAN)
Milk: 1.5 kg
Cardamom powder: 1 teaspoon
Condensed milk: 400 grams
For Bread Fry
Bread slices: 12
Clarified butter (ghee): for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup
Water: 2 cups
Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Put a large pan on medium flame, pour milk in it, and boil.
- After some time add condensed milk, cardamom powder and mix. Stir and scrap in a short while, boil till it turns thick and creamy. Rabri is ready.
- Turn off the flame, transfer prepared rabri to a bowl and keep aside.
- Again put a pan on medium flame and pour water.
- Add sugar and mix. Boil it until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the flame and keep sugar syrup aside.
- Again put a pan on medium flame and add clarified butter. Heat it to fry bread.
- Take bread slices and cut them into square shaped pieces.
- Fry them one by one in hot ghee till bread slices turn golden brown and crispy.
- Place them on a plate and let them cool completely. When they cools down dip them in sugar syrup and keep for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes remove them from sugar syrup carefully and keep aside.
- Everything is ready!
- On a plate take 2 tablespoons rabri, place 2 or 3 bread slices on it.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and cashews.
- Shahi Tukda is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂