Palak cheela is a healthy breakfast and tasty dish for kids as well. It’s really easy to prepare. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 40 MINUTES
Fresh spinach (palak): 150 grams
Gram flour: 4 tablespoons
Semolina: 2 tablespoons
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Green chilies: 4
Chaat masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Dry mango powder (aamchur): 1/2 teaspoon
Black salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida (heeng): 1 pinch
Grated mozzarella cheese: 1 cup
Salt: according to the taste
Water: for boiling
Oil: for cooking
Spinach has salty taste itself so add salt little less than your taste.
- First, rinse fresh spinach with water and keep aside.
- Put a pan on high flame and boil water. Add spinach and boil for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and remove water and let the spinach cool down. Add boiled spinach and green chilies in a mixer jar and blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer that paste in a bowl. Add gram flour, semolina, ginger-garlic paste, chaat masala powder, dry mango powder, black salt, garam masala powder, asafoetida, salt, and mix them well.
- Put a non stick tava on medium flame and heat.
- Add few drops of oil and let the oil heat. Spread prepared paste on tava and cook on medium flame. When you see the batter on the top cooked, then sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon oil on the edges.
- Base will leave the pan when it gets cooked from one side. Flip it to the other side and slightly cook it.
- Again flip it and sprinkle grated cheese. Fold and serve cheela with sauce.
- Palak cheela is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)