Rajma is famous Indian lunch recipe which is made of kidney beans. You can eat this with rice. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 50 MINUTES
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
(Nutrition of rajma according to the ingredients)
CARBS: 58 g
CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg
PROTEIN: 23 g
Kidney beans: 250 grams (soaked overnight)
Mustard oil: 3 tablespoons
Onion: 3 medium
Tomato: 3 medium (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 5
Garlic cloves: 10-12
Ginger: 2 inches
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1/4 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: For garnishing
Water: for cooking
Lemon juice: for serving (optional)
While using mustard oil, you should remember that heat it until the smoke starts coming out of the oil.
- First, remove water from overnight soaked kidney beans and rinse them from fresh water.
- Put a pressure cooker on medium flame and heat oil. In parallel, finely chop 1 onion. Add cumin seeds in hot oil and let them splutter.
- Add asafoetida, chopped onion, and saute them till onions turn translucent.
- Add kidney beans and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- In a mixer jar, take green chilies, 2 roughly chopped onions, garlic cloves, and ginger. Add 2 tablespoons water and make a smooth paste.
- Add this paste to saute onions and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and saute. When tomatoes turn mushy add turmeric powder, red chili powder. garam masala powder, coriander powder, and 2 tablespoons water. Mix and cook them till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt according to your taste. Mix and cover the lid. Cook it till 7-8 whistles on medium flame. Turn off the flame and let the steam release itself.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Rajma should not be too watery. While serving add lemon juice (optional). Serve it with rice and chopped onion.
- Rajma is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)