Jeera aalu is a famous north Indian main course dish which is made of boiled potatoes and cumin seeds, you can eat this with paratha or puri in breakfast as well. It’s very easy to prepare and tasty dish. Kids also love this very much. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
(Nutrition in boiled potatoes according to the ingredients)
CHOLESTEROL: 0 mg
CARBS: 108 g
FAT: 0.4 g
PROTEIN: 10 g
Potatoes: 4 big (boiled)
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Green chilies: 7-8 (slit cut)
Curry leaves: 9-10
Lemon juice: 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- First, peel the boiled potatoes and chop them into medium sized cubes.
- Now put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add slit cut green chilies and curry leaves. Saute them for 1 minute.
- Add potato cubes and gently mix them. Cook for 5 minutes on simmer flame.
- Add salt, lemon juice and again mix slightly.
- Turn off the flame and sprinkle red chili powder. Mix again and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with puri or paratha.
- Jeera aalu is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)