Matar paneer is a famous Indian main course dish. It’s a curry made of Indian cottage cheese cubes and peas, which is cooked in spicy and tangy gravy.
PREPARATION TIME: 40 MINUTES
ACCORDING TO THE INGREDIENTS
(IN INDIAN COTTAGE CHEESE)
CHOLESTEROL: 42.5 mg
PROTEIN: 27.5 g
CARBS: 8.5 g
TOTAL FAT: 12.75 g
Indian cottage cheese (paneer): 250 grams (medium sized cubes)
Fresh peas: 1 cup
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1/4 teaspoon
Onions: 2 big
Green chilies: 4
Garlic cloves: 10
Ginger: 2 inches
Tomatoes: 2 big
Black peppercorns: 4
Cinnamon stick: 1/2 inch
Fresh cream: 1 tablespoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Water: for cooking
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add paneer cubes, saute them for 30 seconds, transfer them to a plate, and keep aside.
- Now add one roughly chopped onion, green chilies, garlic cloves, ginger, 2 roughly chopped tomatoes, black peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon stick in leftover hot oil and saute for 1 minute. Transfer them to a mixer jar and let them cool completely.
- After cooling, blend them to smooth paste and keep aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon oil and heat.
- Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Let them splutter and add one finely chopped onion and peas. Saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add that prepared paste and mix. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on simmer flame.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and fresh cream. Mix and cook till the oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add paneer cubes, salt, and mix. Cover and cook for 2 minutes on simmer flame.
- Add some water and mix. Again cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on medium flame. Gravy neither too thick not too watery.
- Turn off the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti, paratha, naan or rice.
- Matar paneer is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂