Chicken curry is a popular non vegetarian dish which is tasty and low in carbs. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 HOUR
CUISINE: NORTH INDIAN
ACCORDING TO INGREDIENTS:
ENERGY: 2760 kilojoules
SATURATED FATS: 4g
Chicken breast cubes: 400 grams (boneless and skinless)
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Onion: 2 big (finely chopped)
Garlic: 15 cloves
Ginger: 2 inches
Green chilies: 4
Bay leaves: 2
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch
Green cardamom pods: 2
Black cardamom pods: 2
Black peppercorns: 5
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Chicken masala powder: 1 tablespoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
Salt: according to the taste
Water: for cooking
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (for garnishing)
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Fresh curd: 4 tablespoons
- Rinse the chicken pieces with water to remove the extra fat and take in a bowl to marinade.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste, fresh curd, and salt. Mix them well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, put a pressure cooker on medium flame and heat oil.
- In parallel, take ginger, garlic, and green chilies in a mixer jar and make a smooth paste.
- With the help of a mortar, roughly crush all the whole spices. (cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, green cardamom pods, black cardamom pods, cloves, and black peppercorns.)
- Add whole spices in hot oil and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and let them cook till they turn translucent. Now add ginger-garlic-chili paste and saute them well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, chicken masala powder, coriander powder, and 2 tablespoons water. Mix them well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add marinade chicken and mix. Cook till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, salt, and mix. Cover the lid and cook for 3 whistles. Turn off the flame and let the steam released.
- Open the lid and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice or roti.
- Chicken curry is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)