Today I have tried onion kachori. It’s a Rajasthani snack which is mouthwatering and tangy in taste. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 MINUTES
Maida (white flour): 1 cup
Rava (semolina): 1 tablespoon
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee (clarified butter): 2 tablespoons
Warm water: for kneading
Oil: for frying
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Saunf (fennel seeds): 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Green chilies: 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Onion: 2 medium (roughly chopped)
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Aamchur (dry mango powder): 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar: 1/4 teaspoon
Besan (gram flour): 1/4 cup
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- In a large bowl, take maida, rava, salt and ghee. Mix them well and knead a dough with the help of warm water. Cover the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida, and let them splutter.
- Add chopped green chilies, ginger paste, and saute them for 30-40 seconds on simmer flame.
- Add chopped onions and saute them till they turn translucent.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, aamchur, sugar, salt, and mix them well. Saute them till they turn aromatic.
- Now add besan and roast for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix. Stuffing is ready, now keep aside to cool completely.
- After some time, take a ball sized amount from the dough and flatten it.
- Now place 1 tablespoon onion stuffing in the center. Get all the edges and make a bundle. Close the top and seal it. With the help of your palms press and flatten. Repeat this process and make all the kachoris.
- In parallel, put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- When the oil is medium hot, put the prepared kachoris in oil carefully and fry them from both the sides on medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Transfer them to a plate and serve with chutneys. (Chutney recipe: https://yellowbowlrecipes.wordpress.com/2018/12/31/3-types-of-sauces/ )
- Onion kachori is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)