Today I have tried palak paneer. It’s an Indian main course dish. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 MINUTES
Fresh spinach: 250 grams
Onion: 1 big (finely chopped)
Tomato: 2 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves: 15
Ginger: 2 inches
Green chilies: 5
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Melted butter: 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese): 200 grams (medium sized chopped)
Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Fresh cream: 4 tablespoons
Salt: according to the taste
Water: for boiling
- First, rinse the spinach and coriander leaves with water and keep aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a large pan and add spinach for 2 minutes.
- After boiling turn off the flame and drain water from spinach.
- In a mixer jar add 2 green chilies, 5 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, coriander leaves, boiled spinach, and make a smooth paste.
- Now put a pan on medium flame and heat butter and oil.
- Add chopped paneer and saute for 30 seconds. Transfer them on a plate and in leftover butter and oil add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute. In parallel, make a smooth paste of 1 inch ginger, 10 garlic cloves, and 3 green chilies.
- Add ginger, garlic, and chili paste. Saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, 2 tablespoons of water and mix.
- Cook for 2 minutes on simmer flame and add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream and mix.
- Cover and cook on simmer flame till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add spinach puree, 2 tablespoons fresh cream, salt, paneer, 2 tablespoons of water, and mix well.
- Again cover and cook on simmer flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve it with jeera rice, paratha, naan or roti.
- Palak paneer is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂