Today I have tried flaxseeds laddu. Flaxseed contains Omega-3 and Omega-6 , that controls the cholesterol level of your body. This is an Indian dessert which is really healthy. I have learnt this from my mother, let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 1.5 HOUR
Flaxseeds (alsi): 2 cups
Wheat flour: 2 cups
Ghee (clarified butter): 1 cup
Jaggery (gud): 700 grams
Almonds: 10 (chopped)
Cashews: 10 (chopped)
Pistachios: 1 tablespoon (chopped)
Gond: 100 grams
Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Water: 1 cup
- Put a large pan on medium flame and heat.
- Put flaxseeds (alsi) and roast them till they start making twisting sound.
- Now transfer them to a mixer jar and grind. Don’t grind too much.
- Now in same pan pour ghee (clarified butter) and heat.
- Add wheat flour and roast on simmer flame till it turns brown. Transfer roasted wheat flour to a bowl.
- Now in same pan again add 1 tablespoon ghee and heat. Add gond and fry till they rise and turn brown. Transfer them to a bowl.
- In same pan add grind flaxseeds and roast them till they turn brown and fragrance has start coming out.
- Now transfer roasted flaxseeds powder to a bowl and in that same pan add jaggery and water according to the ingredients.
- Stir till jaggery dissolves in water on simmer flame.
- Turn off the flame. In a large bowl take roasted alsi powder, roasted wheat flour, cardamom powder, chopped nuts, raisins, and mix them well. Add them in jeggary syrup and mix again. Let the mixture cool.
- After cooling it take a small amount from the mixture and with the help of your palms make laddu. Repeat this process and make all the laddus.
- Flaxseeds laddus are ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂