Today I have tried fried rice. This is famous Indian main course. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 40 MINUTES
Cooked rice: 1.5 cup
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 5-6
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Green chilies: 2 (chopped)
Cinnamon stick (dalcheeni): 1 inch
Cloves (laung): 4
Black pepper (kali mirch): 4
Green cardamom (ilaychi): 2
Black cardamom (badi ilaychi): 1
Tej patta: 1
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 medium (finely chopped)
French beans: 1/4 cup (chopped)
Capsicum: 2 medium (chopped)
Fresh green peas: 1/4 cup
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
Chopped mint leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, tej patta, asafoetida, and let them splutter.
- In parallel, in a mortar take cinnamon stick, cloves, black pepper, green cardamom, and black cardamom. Slightly break them into pieces. Remember they should not be broken in very small pieces.
- Now add all broken spices in oil and saute.
- Now add green chilies and onion. Fry them on medium flame till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped french beans, chopped capsicum, and fresh green peas. Fry and cover them on simmer flame. Cook till all the veggies cooked well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Cook till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Now add cooked rice and mix gently.
- Add salt and again mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on simmer flame.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with chopped mint and coriander leaves and serve.
- Fried rice is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂