Today I have tried curd rice. This is a famous South Indian cuisine. It’s a healthy, filling, and easy to prepare dish. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTE
Cooked rice: 1 cup
Fresh curd: 1/2 cup
Milk: 1/4 cup
Curry leaves: 4-5
Dried red chilies: 2
Split urad dal (split black gram): 1 teaspoon
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Crushed ginger: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl, take cooked rice.
- Mix fresh curd, salt, and milk in it and keep aside.
- Put a small pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, dried red chili, curry leaves, split urad daal, crushed ginger, and let them splutter.
- Turn off the flame and pour the tempering on the curd rice mixture and mix well.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Curd rice is ready!
(You can garnish it with pomegranate arils or chopped grapes.)
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂