Today I have tried masala oats. It’s a diet food, healthy, and easy to prepare. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
Oats: 1 small cup
Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Green chilies: 2 (chopped)
Curry leaves: 5-6
Onion: 1 small (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 small (finely chopped)
Fresh Green peas: 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Lemon juice: 1/2 tablespoon (optional)
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
Water: for cooking
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add mustard leaves and let them splutter.
- Add chopped green chilies and curry leaves. Slightly saute them.
- Now add chopped onion and saute them till they turn translucent.
- Now add fresh green peas and fry them for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix them and cook till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Now add oats and mix well.
- Add 1.5 cup water, salt according to your taste, and cook on simmer flame till it turns thick. Continuously stir.
- After cooking, turn off the flame, mix lemon juice (optional), and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm!
- Masala oats are ready!
(You can add more veggies like carrot, capsicum, broccoli, french beans etc.)
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂