Today I have tried masala upma. This is a famous Indian breakfast. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
Semolina(rava): 1 cup
Olive oil: 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Peanuts: 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 5-6
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 2 (chopped)
Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Water: For cooking
Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat it.
- Now add semolina and roast till it turns light brown.
- Transfer roasted semolina to a bowl and again put that pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add peanuts, fry them, and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped onion and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, 2 tablespoons of water, and cook till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Now add 2 bowl water, salt, and boil.
- Add roasted semolina, mix and cook, if you need more water you can add.
- Add fried peanuts, mix and turn off the flame.
- Mix lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve warm.
- Masala upma is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂