Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serving: 2 people
Today I have tried fried idli. This is a breakfast dish. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Green chillies: 2 (chopped)
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 5-6
Tomato sauce: 2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Dried mint leaves powder: 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- First, take prepared idlis in a bowl and cut into pieces. (Idli recipe: https://yellowbowlrecipes.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/idli-sambar/)
- Now put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Add green chillies, chopped onion and saute them till onion turns translucent.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Mix them well and cook till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add chopped idlis, salt, and slightly mix them.
- Cook for 5 minutes on simmer flame.
- Sprinkle dried mint leaves powder. (This is optional)
- Turn off the flame, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves, and serve warm.
- Fried idlis are ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂