Preparation time: 30 minutes
Serving: for 4 people
Today I have tried mint macaroni pasta. Macaroni pasta is very common but I added mint flavor in this. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
For Cooking Macaroni
Macaroni pasta: 1 bowl (250 gms)
Water: for boiling
Oil: 1 tablespoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Onion: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic paste: 1/2 teaspoon
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Green chillies: 2 (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds: 1 pinch
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato sauce: 2 teaspoons
Red chilli sauce: 1 teaspoon
Green chilli sauce: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to the taste
Dried mint leaves powder: 1 teaspoon
(You can add more veggies like: green peas, carrots, baby corn, capsicum, cauliflower etc. And herbs like: basil, oregano, thyme etc.)
- In a large pan pour water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon oil. Put it on medium flame and boil.
- After boiling water add macaroni pasta, stir, and boil them also.
- Boil till al dente (you cook it just long enough so that it is neither hard nor soft but is firm and slightly chewy.)
- Turn off the flame and drain water. Add normal water in cooked macaroni, drain all the water, repeat this process 2-3 times, and keep macaroni aside.
- Now put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped green chillies, ginger paste, and chopped onion and saute them till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, tomato sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce, and 4 tablespoons of water.
- Mix them well and cook till oil has started coming out from sides.
- Add cooked macaroni pasta, salt, and mix them well.
- At the end sprinkle dried mint leaves powder and mix. (You can sprinkle herbs.)
- Turn off the flame and serve warm.
- Mint macaroni pasta is ready.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂