Today I have tried laal mirch ka koota. This is a rajasthani recipe. You can eat this with paratha, puri, bati, and daal-rice. Mirch ka koota is spicy in taste and easy to prepare. Let’s proceed to the recipe.
Fresh red chillies: 10
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Fenugreek(methi) seeds: 2 tablespoons
Water: 1 cup
Cumin(jeera) seeds: 1/4 tablespoon
Mustard(rai) seeds: 1/4 tablespoon
Fennel(saunf) seeds: 1/4 tablespoon
Nigella(kalonji) seeds: 1/4 tablespoon
Milk: 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to your taste
Lemon juice: 3 tablespoons
- First, wash red chillies with water and cut them into small round pieces.
- In a pan take 1 cup water and add fenugreek seeds in it and boil on medium flame. Boil till the water turns yellow.
- Now turn off the flame and remove water from fenugreek seeds. Wash them 2-3 times with cold water and keep aside.
- Now put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Put cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and nigella seeds. Mix them well and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped red chillies and saute them well for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add boiled fenugreek seeds and mix. Cook them on medium flame for 5 minutes
- Add milk and mix, continuously stir, and after some time you’ll see that it will be completely cooked and mixed.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix them well and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add lemon juice, and mix.
- Cool it completely, transfer this to a jar and store for 5-6 days.
- Laal mirch koota is ready!
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂