Today I have tried fried baati. This is very easy and filling recipe. So let’s proceed to the recipe.
Onion: 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
Tomato: 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
Green peas : 1/2 bowl
Green chillies: 2 (chopped)
Tomato sauce: 2 teaspoons
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Red chilli powder: 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Water: 1 bowl
Salt: according to the taste
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- First we take baati in a large bowl and break them into small pieces. (Baati recipe https://yellowbowlrecipes.wordpress.com/2018/07/28/rajasthani-food/ )
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat oil.
- Add mustard seeds and asafoetida and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped green chillies, chopped onion, and green peas. Saute them well and cover them on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- After five minutes, remove the cover and add tomatoes and fry the.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, tomato sauce, and 2 tablespoons water, mix them, and cook for 5 minutes.
- After some time you’ll see that oil has started coming out from sides.
- Now add 1 bowl water and boil.
- Now add broken baati, salt, and mix well.
- Now cover it and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the flame and remove the cover. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Fried baati is ready!
- Serve it warm.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)