Today I have tried sabudana kheer. This is an Indian dessert, which we can eat during fasting. This is really tasty and easy to prepare. So let’s proceed to the recipe.
Sabudana (sago): 1 cup (overnight soaked)
Milk: 2 cups
Cardamom powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar: according to your taste
Dry fruits (cashews and almonds): 5-6 each (sliced)
Ghee (clarified butter): 1 teaspoon
- Drain extra water from overnight soaked sabudana (sago).
- Put a pan on medium flame and add ghee (clarified butter) in it and let the ghee heat.
- Now add drained sago and saute lightly for 1 minute.
- Now add milk and continuously stir.
- Keep stirring until milk boils.
- It’s time to add sugar, mix sugar according to your taste and stir.
- Now add cardamom powder and sliced dry fruits.
- Mix them well and turn off the flame.
- Now transfer kheer to another bowl and serve.
- Sabudana Kheer is ready!