Today I have tried egg curry. This dish is really tasty and full of nutritions.
So let’s proceed to the recipe.
Eggs: 3 (boiled)
Onion: 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato: 2 (finely chopped)
Green chilies: 4
Ginger: 1 inch
Garlic: 6-7 cloves
Garam masala powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Red chilli powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Chicken masala powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder: 3/4 tablespoon
Asafoetida: 1/2 teaspoon
Mustard oil: to fry eggs and make curry
Mustard seeds: 1/4 teaspoon
Salt: according to taste
Water: for cooking
Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Put a pan on medium flame and add 2 teaspoons mustard oil in it and let the oil heat.
- In parallel, in a mixer jar take green chillies, garlic, and ginger and make a paste with the help of mixer, if you require add 1 or 2 teaspoon water.
- While using mustard oil, you should remember that heat it until the smoke starts coming out of the oil.
- When smoke coming out, add mustard seeds and asafoetida and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies, ginger, and garlic paste and saute them well till onion turns golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomato and fry them, add garam masala powder, red chilli powder, chicken masala powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder, and 4 tablespoons water and saute them well.
- Now fry them till the oil releases from sides.
- Now add 1 cup of water and salt according to your taste and mix them. Now cover the pan on low simmer flame.
- In parallel, take boiled eggs on a plate and remove the peel and make some holes in the eggs with the help of a toothpick. Put another pan on medium flame and add 5 tablespoon mustard oil in it and let the oil heat until the smoke starts coming out.
- When smoke starts coming out, put the eggs in pan and shallow fry them from all the sides till they turn golden brown.
- Now turn off the flame and and make some holes in fried eggs with the help of a toothpick.
- Now add all the eggs in gravy and let them cook.
- Don’t make watery curry, so cook it till the curry turns thick.
- After cooking it, turn off the flame and garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
- Egg curry is ready!
- Serve this with rice or chapati.