Today I have tried kalakand. This is an Indian sweet and very easy to prepare.
So let’s proceed to the recipe.
Paneer (cottage cheese): 2 bowls (grated)
Milkmaid (condensed milk): 1 tin (available in market)
Milk powder: 2 tablespoons
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Ghee (clarified butter) : 1 tablespoon (for greasing)
Pistachios: 7-8 (chopped)
- Put a pan on medium flame and let the pan heat.
- Add grated paneer, milkmaid, and milk powder according to the ingredients.
- Mix them well and mash paneer.
- Keep mixing on medium flame till milkmaid melts.
- After some time you’ll see that it turns thick.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee.
- Transfer the mixture on a plate and set a block.
- Sprinkle pistachios and press slightly.
- Let it cool completely.
- When it cools down, cut into pieces and serve.
- Kalakand is ready.
Thanks for your time reading this article. Show some love by liking, sharing and following my blog. And if you think this article can be useful for someone you know, please feel free to share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or anywhere you want! 🙂
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)