Today I have tried kalakand. This is an Indian sweet and very easy to prepare.
So let’s proceed to the recipe.
Paneer (cottage cheese): 2 bowls (grated)
Milkmaid (condensed milk): 1 tin (available in market)
Milk powder: 2 tablespoons
Cardamom powder: 1/2 tablespoon
Ghee (clarified butter) : 1 tablespoon (for greasing)
Pistachios: 7-8 (chopped)
- Put a pan on medium flame and let the pan heat.
- Add grated paneer, milkmaid, and milk powder according to the ingredients.
- Mix them well and mash paneer.
- Keep mixing on medium flame till milkmaid melts.
- After some time you’ll see that it turns thick.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee.
- Transfer the mixture on a plate and set a block.
- Sprinkle pistachios and press slightly.
- Let it cool completely.
- When it cools down, cut into pieces and serve.
- Kalakand is ready.