As you all know that festive season is on! Festive season means a lot of love, care, bonds, and most importantly a lot of sweets. Today I have tried tricolor coconut laddu. This recipe is really easy and tasty. So, let’s proceed to the recipe.
Desiccated coconut: 4 cups
Milk: 3.5 cups
Sugar: 1.5 cups
Food gel color: 4-5 drops
(Here I have added green and burgundy color, you can add any color according to your choice)
Cashew: 2 tablespoons (roughly chopped)
Cardamom powder: 1/4 tablespoon
- Put a pan on medium flame and let the pan heat.
- When pan got heated, add desiccated coconut and milk in it according to the ingredients.
- Now mix them well till the coconut absorbs milk.
- Add sugar and again keep mixing on low flame.
- Keep mixing till sugar melts.
- Stir continuously for 20 minutes till milk evaporates.
- After 20 minutes the mixture turns crumbly.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the mixture on a plate and let the mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- When the mixture cools completely, add cashew and cardamom powder according to the ingredients and mix well.
- It’s time for making laddu, divide the mixture into three parts, in two parts add different colors and remain one part without any color.
- Now with the help of your palms make a laddu shape and carefully put in a plate.
- Your tricolor coconut laddus are ready!