Today I have tried milk powder burfi. This is an Indian dessert, as you know Indian festivals are coming, and these occasions are incomplete without homemade desserts! This burfi is really easy to make, healthy because you can use sugar as per your requirement or you can add sugar-free powder, and mouthwatering. So, let’s proceed to the recipe.
Ghee (clarified butter): 1/4 cup
Milk: 3/4 cup
Milk powder: 2.5 cups
Sugar: 1/2 cup (or according to your taste)
(You can add sugar-free powder if you don’t like to use sugar)
Cardamom powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Dry fruits powder: 1 teaspoon
Dry fruits (almonds, cashews, and pistachios): 5-6 each (sliced)
- Put a pan on medium flame and heat it.
- Pour ghee(clarified butter) and wait till it melts.
- Now add milk, milk powder, and sugar (or sugar-free powder) according to the ingredients mentioned above, and mix well.
- Stir continuously and make sure that it is lump-free.
- After stirring for some time, the sugar will dissolve, but keep mixing.
- After some time you’ll notice that the milk thickens and it forms into a dough.
- The dough will start separating from the pan, do not overcook and now add cardamom powder and dry fruits powder, and mix well.
- Now transfer the mixture in a ghee greased pan and make a rectangular block, sprinkle sliced dry fruits and press gently.
- Let it cool completely and wait till it sets well.
- Now cut it into pieces and serve.
- Your milk powder burfi is ready.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT!