Today I’ve tried rava(semolina) dhokla. Rava dhokla is really easy to cook, simply a digestible, and delicious snack. Mainly this is a Gujarati recipe if you are Gujarati food lover then I am sure you will love it.
So, let’s have a look at the recipe.
Rava (Semolina): 1.5 cups (fine)
Curd: 3/4 cup (sour)
Eno (fruit salt): 2 teaspoons
Baking soda: 1 pinch
Sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
Cooking oil: 2 tablespoons
Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: according to taste
lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Water: One cup (if required)
Chopped Coriander leaves: for garnishing
Oil: 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves: 8-10
Asafoetida (heeng): 1 pinch
Green chilies: 3-4 (partially sliced)
Water: 3 tablespoons
Sugar: 1/2 tablespoon
- Mix rava, curd, sugar, cooking oil, turmeric powder, lemon juice, water, and salt according to ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat the mixture until it becomes smooth and lumps free.
- Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- In parallel, put the dhokla steamer on medium flame and pour it with 1 glass water and boil.
- Mix eno(fruit salt) and baking soda in the mixture and let it rest for 1 minute.
- Grease dhokla plate with oil and pour the batter evenly.
- Put the plate in the steamer and steam it till 20 minutes on medium flame.
- After 20 minutes, check the dhokla with a toothpick, insert a toothpick if it comes out clean then your dhokla is ready and if not then steam it for 2-3 minutes more.
- After cooking it properly, turn off the flame and take out the dhokla plate from the steamer and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, cut the dhokla in small square pieces.
- For tempering, put a small pan on medium flame and heat the oil.
- In parallel, make a mixture of sugar and water according to the ingredients.
- Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, and green chilies in the hot oil and let them splutter.
- Add the sugar and water mixture in above mixture.
- Pour the tempering over the dhokla evenly.
- You can sprinkle lemon juice if you want, otherwise, it’s not compulsory.
- Your dhokla is ready. You can serve this with chutney or tomato sauce.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS ARTICLE. SHOW SOME LOVE BY LIKING, SHARING AND FOLLOWING MY BLOG. AND IF YOU THINK THIS ARTICLE CAN BE USEFUL FOR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN OR ANYWHERE YOU WANT!
I am Abhilasha, a housewife, health enthusiast, a cook and everything in between!
Welcome to my blog where I’ll be posting easy and homemade recipes.
Stay tuned and don’t forget to follow my blog! :)