When you look good, you feel good.
A healthy and beautiful skin is everyone’s desire. Skin is the outermost and the largest organ of our body. Things aren’t the same as it used to be as well. There are a lot of harmful elements presents in the environment, beauty products, and food. Like dust, sun rays, chemicals etc, which causes early skin aging, wrinkles, dull skin and many more issues.
Having a beautiful skin is a huge struggle. Skin protects our body from the harmful elements mentioned above, so it’s not an unknown fact that skin care is a must. If we don’t care about the skin, it will end up getting damaged. A proper skin care is a key to a good looking personality.
Here are some easy and helpful tips for your beautiful skin.
Water is a solution to a lot of skin problem. Your skin is made up of cells and these cells need water to work properly. It not only works as an anti-aging treatment, it also treats your aging signs. A cold water shower can help you to keep calm and cure your skin damage due to stress.
Water improves metabolism of your body. Drink 1-liter water per 20 kg. of your weight. For example: if your weight is 40 kg then you should drink 2-liter water per day. It helps you to keep your skin soft, beautiful, glowing and wrinkle-free. It flushes out toxins and impurities from your body. So stay hydrated and drink water as much as you can.
Exfoliate your skin. It removes the dead skin, dirt, extra oil, blackheads and whiteheads and makes your skin clear and soft. It removes dark patches and makes your skin glow and improves the texture of your skin. You should scrub your skin twice in a week. Use scrub according to your skin type and do it with gentle massage for 7-8 minutes.
Scrub helps to open skin pores so any product which you apply to it, skin absorbs it properly and you will get better results. Sun can also tan your skin cells, scrub removes burned, damaged and dead skin cells, so it helps you to get rid of tan. You can use a homemade scrub. Here is a list of such homemade scrubs.
- Brown sugar and honey
- Yogurt and crushed walnuts
- Baking soda and water
- Lemon, sugar and tea tree oil
- Crushed almonds, honey, and mil cream
Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing
Famous CTM routine is the best formula for beautiful skin. For this routine, you should choose products according to your skin type. Do it at the end of the day so your skin can relax. Now let us find out what CTM is.
- Cleansing: This is the first and most important step of this routine. Cleansing does not mean applying cleanser all over the face and washing it away. Do not use a soap as a cleanser, this is not advisable. You can use a face wash, scrub, raw milk, baby oil, and cleansing milk.For this step apply cleanser all over the face and massage it gently for 5 minutes. If you are using baby oil then soak a cotton into oil and clean your face. After this, wash your face with face wash or normal water.
- Toning: The main purpose of a toner is to clean tiny dust and other particles which were left in your skin after cleansing. It does not mean that you can use a lot of toners, use only 5 to 6 drops of it after the cleaning process. There are many types of toners available in the market, you can use homemade toner also.Green tea or rose water are the most famous and good toners available at home, they tighten and brighten your skin. Choose a toner with maximum water composition. Do not use astringent as a toner because it contains alcohol, which can damage your skin.
- Moisturizing: This is the last step of the CTM routine. Moisturizers’ main work is to cure the moisture loss in your skin and make your skin look younger. It maintains a layer of moisture between your skin and the atmosphere. It is very important to apply this after toning.If your skin is dry, apply heavy moisturizer and if your skin type is oily or a combination of both, you should apply light and oil-free moisturizer. It is very important to apply it after a bath, Do not moisture your wet skin, you should apply it after 2-3 minutes of your bath. Mainly apply this before going to bed at night.
This is a very effective method to get a flawless skin. Steaming is a process, in which we use a steamer or hot water to absorb steam, it cleanses toxins, dirt, and extra oil from the skin. It opens up the pores and loosens blackheads and whiteheads, which can then be easily removed by scrubbing. This is really helpful in preventing acne and also in fighting the signs of aging. Steam removes dead skin cells and makes your skin feel fresh, younger and relaxed. You should take steam according to your skin type.
If your skin is normal, you should take steam for 12 minutes once in a week. If your skin is dry, you should take steam for 10 minutes once in two weeks and if your skin is oily, you should take steam for 12 minutes twice a week. If your skin is sensitive, you should take steam under the consultation of a dermatologist because steaming can cause irritation or sensitivity.
You can add tea tree oil in the steamer to get rid of acne and green tea or mint tea for beautiful skin. After steaming, wash your face with normal water and don’t use any face wash or scrub. For better results, you should do it just before scrubbing.
Facepack, Your Skin’s Bestie
This is a magical mask for skin, which has amazing ingredients in it. This pack helps you to get rid of sun tan, makes your skin look fresher than before and makes your skin tight. You should have it applied on your face until the paste dries. The facepack paste pulls the dead skin out when you remove it after it’s dried.
If your skin is naturally dry then you should apply moisture based face packs whereas if your skin is oily then you should apply clay-based masks. Facepacks are available in the market and you can make it at home also. You should apply face pack at the end of your skincare routine. Here are some amazing homemade face packs.
- Milk powder + orange juice + oatmeal powder
- Curd + tomato juice + oatmeal powder
- Gram flour + turmeric + milk
- Banana + honey + lemon juice
- Orange peel powder + lemon juice + fuller’s earth + sandalwood powder + water
- Tomato paste + curd
- Tomato + lemon peel powder + lemon juice
- Olive oil + lemon juice
- Mint leaves paste + rose water
- Potato juice + curd
A good diet is a key to flawless skin. An unhealthy diet can damage your health as well as your skin. Your eating habit is directly connected to skin and aging signs. Food gets digested and provides you the right type of nutrition which your skin requires. Here are some food items which are important and helpful for beautiful skin.
- Green tea
- Vitamin C supplements
- Green veggies
- Dark chocolates
- Sweet potato
- Coconut water
- sunflower seeds
- Fruits which contains water mostly
Take A Sound Sleep
This is one of the best ways to relax your skin. According to dermatologists, “8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy skin.” Less sleep increases stress hormones, which directly affects your skin and signs of damaged skin are going appear, like wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, puffy and dull eyes, and dry skin.
Your skin recovers itself while sleeping, If you take a good sleep, the benefit will automatically be shown to your skin. Here are some benefits of good sleep.
- Healthy and fresh skin
- Brighter eyes
- Happy appearance
- Break from stress
Skincare products are also important for your skin because they can make your skin either healthy or, in some cases, cause damage, so choose it wisely. You should check the contents of a beauty product and buy a chemical free product. Vitamin C and E are very important for your skin, so apply a product which contains these vitamins.
Pick products according to your skin type because a wrong product can make your skin unhealthy. Try to apply homemade skin care formulas because they are easy to get as well as very effective.
Some Bonus Tips For Skin Care:
- When it comes to skincare, people think about face only, skincare is not only about your face, it’s about your whole body.
- Don’t take bath with very hot or cold water, always use lukewarm water while bathing.
- It’s very important to apply sunscreen before you go out because sunscreen helps to protect your skin from harmful rays of the sun.
- Choose chemical-free and your skin-friendly products.
- Always clean your makeup properly before you go to bed.
- After CTM routine or Steaming, your skin pores will open so for closing the pores massage your face with ice cube.